Mosquito Bites vs. Bed Bug Bites:
What You Need to Know About the Bloodsuckers’ Bites
Their bites look all the same, but there are some differences. Upon knowing which bite it is, it makes rather helpful in providing the first aid and necessary treatment.
Here we will describe all the facts that you need to know about a mosquito bite and a bed bug bite.
Compared to bed bug bites, the mosquito bites are more itchy with red bumps appearing on the skin after the bite. Some effects which a mosquito bite can cause are redness, soreness, and swelling. Usually, they feed on the blood, so they puncture the skin to suck the blood.
There are certain parasites and virus which can enter your skin while a mosquito bites you. These bites can cause severe damage to your health. The West Nile Virus is mostly transmitted to the human body all over the world by mosquitoes.
Other than that, they can cause some other infections and diseases like encephalitis (a type of brain infection), malaria, and yellow fever.
Bed Bug Bites
The symptoms which you will face if you are bitten by a bed bug are itchiness, sores, and irritation. The bed bug bites can be found in different places of your body like neck, face, hands, shoulders, arms, and legs.
Usually, it depends on the area of the body which you left exposed while sleeping. There are different reactions which can be visible after the bed bug bites like difficulties in breathing, blisters, fever, feeling nauseous, feeling like flu, irregular heartbeat, and swollen tongue.
“There are certain parasites and virus which can enter your skin while a mosquito bites you. These bites can cause severe damage to your health.”
Control Exterminating – NYC Exterminator
Difference Between Mosquito Bites and Bed Bug Bites
Now there is a debate that what are possible symptoms, which differentiate the bite of a mosquito and the bite of a bed bug. Here are a few details which will help you understand the difference.
Bed Bug Bites: What Do They Look Like?
The bed bug bite is reddish in color and had a dark spot in the center. The symptoms of these bites only occur after some time after the bite and not instantly.
At first, it swells and after some time becomes itchy. The bites get more infected when you scratch that. Also, the bite pattern is not random as bed bug bites appear in a cluster or in arranged lines. If you have this kind of bites, then it’s likely to be the signs of bed bugs.
Mosquito Bites: What Do They Look Like?
These bites are somewhat pinkish or reddish in color. The main difference it has with the bed bug bite is that not only the bitten area but the area surrounding the bite can be itchy too.
It also has a tendency to get infected when scratched. A mosquito bite markings are random and isolated because they can’t bite through linen/ clothes as bed bugs can.
How to Treat the Bites Naturally
There are certain things which you can do while you are bitten by a mosquito or a bed bug. They are not too dangerous but to avoid having severe symptoms, try to cure it before it’s out of hand.
DIY Mosquito Bite Treatment
- Use a menthol flavor toothpaste over the bitten are to get rid of the itch.
- Apply honey as it is a natural antibiotic.
- Rub the fleshy side of the banana peel on the bitten area, and the natural oils will help to fade the itch.
- Rubbing ice is another good idea.
- Some other things which can be used over the bitten area to stop the irritation are Vapour Rub and Aloe Vera.
DIY Bed Bug Bite Treatment
- The bitten are must be washed first with soapy water to prevent any infection. It will reduce the itchiness too.
- If the bite itches more, you can apply a corticosteroid cream to the area. You can get the cream from any local medicine store.
The bites from both the insects can be harmful at times, so you need to be careful and don’t forget to follow the tips provided here or consult a doctor if you feel uneasy or there are allergic reactions.
So make sure you don’t delay when you notice such bites on your body. If the pain increases or bite gets severe, immediately visit a doctor and take medications or treatment as prescribed.
If you have a mosquito or bed bug infestation that you can’t handle, don’t wait to call us at Control Exterminating. We offer an effective mosquito control and bed bug removal to completely get rid of the pesky critters. ***
- DIY Bed Bugs Treatments: Facts and Myths
- How to Keep Your Vacation Bed Bug Free
- Mosquito Bites vs. Bed Bug Bites
- Bed Bug Life Cycle [Infographic]
- Watch Out for These Signs of Bed Bugs in NYC
- Bed Bug Prevention After Traveling
- Best Bed Bug Exterminator NYC
- Bed Bug Bites NYC
- Bed Bugs Exterminator Nassau County
- Preparation & Process of Treating Bed Bugs