Roach Removal NYC
It’s a Case of Roaches
When roaches invade your home, you will need to do all you can to get rid of them. Control Exterminating can help you with this task. For 40 years, we have been helping home – and business – owners in NYC exterminate bugs in their homes, offices, or buildings, and we can definitely help with cockroach removal!
Call Now for fast roach removal service 212-847-3842
Though the German cockroach is the most common roach found in NYC apartments, our cockroach removal experts have discovered that other types are also prevalent. They enjoy hiding in dark, humid areas such as garbage rooms, steam rooms, air conditioning vents, basements, drains, and utility closets.
Cockroaches can be introduced into our homes through grocery bags, brought up with our laundry, in traveling suitcases, crawl under our doors or even come through the dishwashing machines. Cockroaches are capable of producing several thousand offspring in a year.
In NYC, studies were done in inner city apartments where people were experiencing many asthma attacks. They found that the shedding of the skin of the roaches irritated the bronchial tubes. If a family member has asthma, it is imperative that their home is made cockroach free. Contact us immediately for roach elimination.
For how to get rid of cockroaches in NYC yourself, start off by eliminating their necessities for survival:
- Taking away their food source: This means keeping food sealed away (containers or fridge), constantly taking garbage and recyclables out and putting them in enclosed bins, and keeping your dishes, tabletops, and stoves clean.
- Taking away their water source: This means fixing any leaks from pipes, cleaning all of your drains, and keeping anything possible from getting wet, dry.
- Taking away their habitats: Cockroaches in NYC love to hide in places you’d never notice. Finding and removing these living areas for roaches includes cleaning out messy cabinets and closets, filling in cracks in walls, repairing loose wallpaper, and throwing out any furniture, clothing or appliances that you do not use.
Once they cannot survive, they will begin searching the house for their survival needs, where traps will be placed to lure them in and eliminate them once and for all.
Here’s how to properly treat for cockroaches in NYC once the preparations have been made:
- Apply a barrier to the places roaches aren’t commonly found, like the bedroom or living room, so they don’t seek shelter there when you’re getting them out. Spread a substance like Advion Cockroach Gel, around the perimeter of the rooms where the carpet or floor meets the wall.
- When that’s done, you’re going to want to do the same thing for the infested rooms (kitchen and bathroom).
- After a few days, you should be finding dead roaches belly-up for you to dispose of in the garbage.
Best of luck getting rid of those nasty cockroaches! If the infestation is too out of hand, Control Exterminating Company is here to help.